Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Travel Journalist on the Road
J. Flynn at the S.F. Chron Sunday travel section recently posted his travel tips about packing light here but I've got my own list culled after over 20 years of travel in Asia, and kept tucked away inside my passport for easy reference before each trip.
* office supplies: rubber bands, tape, stapler, scissors, white-out, only fine-point pens
* misc: swiss army knife (in all plastic version), can opener, superglue
* misc: small umbrella, alarm clock, sunglasses
* misc: zip-lock bags (six), notebooks, briefcase
* pants: 1 pair cotton, 1 pair nice slacks
* shorts: 2 pair (1 wild, 1 conservative)
* shirts: 2 pair wild short-sleeved shirts
* shirts: 2 polo shirts with pockets
* shirts: no long-sleeved shirts!
* socks: 6 dark only
* shoes: 1 pair light and comfortable; good sandals
* maybe: ground coffee beans and melita filters